I think Eddie Cochran had it all wrong. There is always a cure for the blues, especially during summertime. After a weekend of beautiful sunshine and a little boredom with my old playlist, I decided to give my 8 gig iTouch a make over. Not that I don’t love every piece of music on there, it was just starting to seem repetitive. My core artists will still be there, but I’m going to try to stretch my limits a little this time and try to put some stuff I wouldn’t usually put on there. So here are some of my highlights and changes with a little bit of insight on my choices:
Core: (I couldn’t force myself to delete these)
- Radiohead – Complete Discography – This is my favorite band, a day with out Radiohead is a day not worth living.
- Fleet Foxes – Complete Discography – These guys have been a big threat to the above band the past 2 years.
- The Black Keys – Complete Discography – The last of my BIG3. They can do no wrong.
- Fitz & the Tantrums – Pickin’ Up the Pieces – Addicted and for some reason Soul music seems so summer to me.
Oldies but Goodies (Well its an oldie where I come from)
- Fire on Fire – The Orchard – My local music post got me craving these guys.
- B-52’s – Self Titled – This album seems to summer to me I had to put it on there.
- Foo Fighters – The Colour and the Shape – Classic Foo
- Pearl Jam – No Code and Riot Act – I’m a big Pearl Jam fan and haven’t listened to these ones in a while.
The Alternatives (Bands that I’ve heard 1 or 2 albums, but haven’t listened to these)
- Wilco – A.M. – Love there Self Titled and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot so decided to check out their 1st one.
- Modest Mouse – Building Nothing Out of Something – Again listened to 2 albums a ton and want to grow this relationship
- Grizzly Bear – Sorry for the Delay and Yellow House – LOVE Veckatimest and excited to hear more.
- Bright Eyes – Fevers & Mirrors – Connor just has put out way to music to have listened to it all.
The Newbies (love to explore music, added 10 in total)
- Mogwai – Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will – Been meaning to check them out and my buddy Erik loves them.
- Regina Spektor – Songs – Going outside my comfort zone a little here, we will see…
- Lykke Li – Wounded Rhymes – Carson Daily had her on and the one performance I saw was cool.
- Karen Dalton – Green Rocky Road – Going with some really old folk music that Bob Dylan once loved.
My iTouch is going to be a whole new experience after this. All in all I only kept about 10 albums I had previously. Going to be fun! I know my list will be bigger than most peoples, but what are you listening to this summer?