So I learned yet another cool thing you can do in Spotify! Yes I know you are all getting sick of hearing my crush on this wonderful new love in my life! Andrea may start worry that I’m going to marry it and not her, I think…
So my new toy is the collaborative playlist! What is that you say? Well let get Back to Basics to quote the title of Christina Aguilera‘s 2006 album. First for those who don’t know, you can make a playlist containing any number of different songs. They can be all one genre or artist, or they can me many different genre’s and many different artist, they are just a collection of songs you choose in the order you cho0se them. I mainly only listen to music as full albums so my playlist tend to be just a playlist of said album. On spotify you can make any number of playlist and either make them private or for the world to see. In addition they have the above mention collaborative playlist. Most playlists only you can edit, but a collaborative playlist anyone you share the playlist with can add and subtract from it as well. Pretty neat!
So what I want to do is make a mixtape and I want you all to pick a track to add to this mixtape. I want the song you choose to be something you hold near and dear to your heart. Something you love and think the world should love and celebrate. I think it will be very interesting to see what we end up with. I do please ask that you only add one song.
I know many of you have not yet jumped on the Spotify bandwagon yet so we will do this two ways. (this time anyway)
- Those of you on Spotify can click on the playlist I share below and add one song, then please post a comment to this post letting the rest all know what you added.
- For those who don’t have Spotify (I still have 7 invites to send…) please just post a comment here on this post and I will add your song to the playlist.
This is the link to the playlist titled Let’s make a Mixtape, Vol. 1.
The following is the playlist we have created:
- Idioteque by Radiohead from the album Kid A added by Joe P. (aka KidAJoe)
- Handshake Drugs by Wilco from the album A ghost is born by Brian K.
- Dead & Bloated by Stone Temple Pilots from the album Core by Dan S.
- Rapunzel by Dave Matthews Band from the album Before the Crowded Streets by Nichole G. (my sister)
- A Dozen Roses by Braid from the album Frame and Canvas by Erik G.
- …Baby One More Time by Britney Spears from the album Baby One More Time by Andrea T. (my fiance)
- Powerful Stuff by Sean Hayes from the album Run Wolves Run by Rob P. (aka Butter)
- Wildflowers by Tom Petty from the album Wildflowers by Melissa P.
- The Calender Hung Itself by Bright Eyes from the album Fever and Mirrors by Amy H.
- ’59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem from the album The ’59 Sound by Mike M. (I am unable to locate this track on Spotify though so here is a youtube link)
- Mississippi by Paula Cole from the album This Fire by Chauncey B.
- Theme From Dr. Pyser by Ben Folds from the album Whatever and Forever Amen by Bekkah W.
- Gold Lion by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs from the album Show Your Bones by Andrew C.
- Siren by Tori Amos from the Great Expectations soundtrack by Jessica M.