First things First!
appy Friday everyone! Another long week is coming to an end and you know what that means. Mixtape time! This weeks mix was suggested to me on Facebook a week or two back by one of my music guru’s out in Philadelphia, Brian. As you all know I love music, but I tend to lean much more toward the more modern works of art. Sorry if I’m dating him, but he has exposed me to a bit older music such as the Rolling Stones, Jeff Beck, the music of Blackboard Jungle and just recently Les McCann. Most of those I was at least some what familiar with, but certainly aren’t directly in my radar. I should also point of he likes many modern musicians also, he is not just an old fool! (sorry Brain)
He (like me) likes to listen to full albums. To me it seems to weird to listen to track 2, 7 and 12. I say put on track one and push play. That being said, Brian’s idea was a mix of our favorite/best opening tracks. The first track is one that can lure you in. It can something that just throws you in to the fray. Sometime it can just be a little instrumental. What opening do you like? Again, post 1-3 songs of your liking, both Spotify and YouTube links are below.
The Spotify playlists is here: Let’s make a Mixtape, Vol. 7 – First Things, First
I have made a YouTube playlist that can be found here: Vol. 7
The following is the playlists we have created:
- Like A Rolling Stone – Bob Dylan, Highway 61 Revisited by Brian K.
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana, Nevermind by Brian K.
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice – Beach Boys, Pet Sounds by Mike N.
- Haunted – Poe, Haunted by Jessica M.
- Welcome to the Jungle – Guns N Roses, Appetite for Destruction by KidAJoe
- In the Morning – First Aid Kit, The Big Black and The Blue by KidAJoe
- Back in the Saddle – Aerosmith, Rocks by KidAJoe
- You Will Be a Hot Dancer – Incubus , Fungus Amongus by Rebekkah W.
- Good Day – Dresden Dolls, Dresden Dolls by Andrew C.