So if you read my earlier post I’m sure you could guess how this weeks mixtape was going be themed. So at the urging of Brian and his doubt that recent artist have forgotten how to “plug in”, the theme will be Modern Songs That Rocked. Yes we are talking about modern music here, I know it would be easier to come up with hold songs, but we have to prove to Brian that modern musicians have not ALL gone soft. So let’s try to keep this to a 5 year window, 2008 until today. All songs must not be unplugged! We are looking for band that use instruments that need electricity.
All songs should be posted to the comments section of this post and should include Song, Artist, and Original Artist. Feel free to comment why you love or hate the songs too. Again you can post 2-3 songs per play list if you can’t narrow it down.
The Spotify playlists is here: All Mixed Up in 2012, Vol. 1 – Well It’s an Oldie Where I Came From
I’ll make a YouTube playlist that can be found here: All Mixed Up in 2012, Vol. 1 – Well It’s an Oldie Where I Came From (will add later)
The following is the playlists we have created:
- It’s a Drag by Tommy Stinson from the album One Man Mutiny (2011) posted by Brian K.
- Brick By Brick by the Arctic Monkeys from the album Suck It and See (2011) posted by KidAJoe
- The Salesman (Tramp Life) by the White Rabbits from the album It’s Frighting (2009) posted by KidAJoe
- Force of Nature by Pearl Jam from the album Backspacer (2009) posted by KidAJoe
- Hang you From the Heavens by The Dead Weather from the album Horehound (2009) posted by Elroy
- Don’t Deserve You by Tommy Stinson from the album One Man Mutiny posted by Brian K.
- No Words by Make Do & Mend from the album Bodies of Water posted by Erik G.
- Where Two Bodies Lie by Moving Mountains from the album Waves posted by Erik G.