The above is a quote from The Tower by Peter Weiss. I have not ever read it, but came across the quote when doing some research last night. Ironically at the exact moment I was reading it I was listening to an amazing band that uses no lyrics in there songs. Don’t worry you will find out the name of that band with the second track of this mixtape. So with that, the theme of this mixtape is song without lyrics. It can be an artist that just plays instrumentals, or it can be and artist who has just a single song with no lyrics/words.
Song, Artist, and Album should be posted to the comments section of this post and should added to the below Spotify playlist. (get it already!) As always you can post up to 4 songs to make it easier and to share more love.
The Spotify playlists is here: All Mixed Up in 2012, Vol. 2 – Can I See the Lyric Sheet?
I’ll try make a YouTube playlist that can be found here: All Mixed Up in 2012, Vol. 2 – Can I See the Lyric Sheet?
The following is the playlists we have created:
- Maggot Brain by the Funkadelic from the album Maggot Brain posted by KidAJoe
- Wall Street by the Battles from the album Gloss Drop posted by KidAJoe
- Surfing with the Alien by Joe Satriani from the album Surfing with the Alien posted by KidAJoe
- Wipe Out by The Surfaris released as a B-side to the single Surfer Joe posted by KidAJoe
- Take Five by Dave Brubeck from the album On Time posted by Brian K.
- Blue Train by John Coltrane from the album Blue Train posted by Brian K.
- Tax Free by the Jimi Hendrix Experience from the album South Saturn Delta by Brian K.
- So What by Mile Davis from the album Kind of Blue posted by Brian K.
- Super Colossal by Joe Satriani from the album Super Colossal posted by Josh M.
- Bad Horsie by Steve Vai from the album Alien Love Secret posted by Josh M.
- Glasgow Kiss by John Pertrucci from the album Suspended Animation posted by Josh M.
- Little Wing by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble from the album Couldn’t Stand the Weather posted by Josh M.