KidAJoe’s Music Challenge
So on Facebook they have these two music challenges that you can participate in called the “30 Day Song Challenge” and the “30-Day Song Selection Spectacular“. I have liked both of these with the intention of doing them, but never really taken the time to do so. So as part of my new blog I and going to tackle both of them. I think I’m supposed to do them for 30 straight days in order, but I think I will jut slowly work on them as I see fit. I will try to post a YouTube video for each selection I choose and will do my best not to post the same some twice. Feel free to post comments about my selections as well as song you would have chosen for each topic. Wish me luck!
The following are the topics I will be attempting:
day 01 – your favorite song
day 02 – your least favorite song
day 03 – a song that makes you happy
day 04 – a song that makes you sad
day 05 – a song that reminds you of someone Ray Lamontagne
day 06 – a song that reminds you of somewhere
day 07 – a song that reminds you of a certain event
day 08 – a song that you know all the words to Sublime/Vanilla Ice
day 09 – a song that you can dance to Gorillaz/Micheal Jackson
day 10 – a song that makes you fall asleep Larkin Grim / Sigur Ros
day 11 – a song from your favorite band
day 12 – a song from a band you hate
day 13 –
a song that is a guilty pleasure N’Sync/N’Chink/Mika
day 14 – a song that no one would expect you to love
day 15 – a song that describes you
day 16 – a song that you used to love but now hate
day 17 – a song that you hear often on the radio
day 18 – a song that you wish you heard on the radio
day 19 – a song from your favorite album Fleet Foxes
day 20 – a song that you listen to when you’re angry
day 21 – a song that you listen to when you’re happy
day 22 – a song that you listen to when you’re sad
day 23 – a song that you want to play at your wedding
day 24 – a song that you want to play at your funeral
day 25 – a song that makes you laugh
day 26 – a song that you can play on an instrument
day 27 – a song that you wish you could play
day 28 – a song that makes you feel guilty
day 29 – a song from your childhood
day 30 – your favorite song at this time last year
1. Favorite cover version of a non-obscure song.
2. Favorite love song.
3. A song from your favorite movie.
4. Favorite breakup song.
5. A song you hear when you’re shopping.
6. A song you can’t listen to just once.
7. A song that breaks your heart with the first few notes.
8. A song that made you pull your car over (or otherwise completely halt whatever it was you were doing) the first time you heard it.
9. A song that you first heard live, that you became instantly obsessed with. Dropkick Murphys
10. A song which makes you think, if temporarily, that you love everybody! (think: uplifting anthem).
11. A song which seems incredibly deep no matter how many times you hear it.
12. A song you love but can’t bring yourself to listen to. (You fill in the reason.)
13. A song you put on everyone’s mix tape.
14. Favorite duet/collaboration between two artists you love (or maybe you only love one of them).
15. A song you love from a genre/artist you usually dislike.
16. Biggest musical misstep by an artist you usually adore.
17. A song you like recorded by an artist who was under 18 at the time of recording.
18. A song from the first album you ever bought with your own money (extra credit if you rode a spider bike to Woolworth’s to make the purchase) or first 45 if you’re old enough to know what that is. Def Leppard
19. First song you ever illegally downloaded.
20. A song that you clean house to.
21. A song by an artist that you used to love, but now are at least a little ashamed of (because either you or they changed).
22. A song that infuriates you.
23. Last song that got stuck in your head.
24. A song your parents would play during parties.
25. A song you love to sing in the shower.
26. A song by the first band you saw in concert. ZZ Tops
27. Favorite oldie (a song you grew up thinking of as an oldie).
28. A song with chord changes that really thrill you.
29. Your favorite vocal performance.
30. Song from the album you played over and over and over in high school.